Wednesday 4 March 2015

mammoth cave


Hellooo!

It's Wednesday already, I can't believe how time flies!
Thanks to Labour Day we had a long weekend here in Australia, so Jarryd and I decided to go on a little weekend trip. It was the first time for me to get out of the Perth metro area and see a bit more of Western Australia's countryside, which got me really excited.
We drove down South a bit and after 3 hours reached the picturesque Margaret River area, a wine and holiday region with beautiful landscapes.
I saw kangaroos in the wild for the very first time in my life, had the best fish and chips ever and visited the Mammoth Cave, one of the famous limestone caves in the area. 


Mammoth Cave has been known from about 1850 to European settlers of the Margaret River district. It holds the jawbone fossil of an extinct animal called Zygomaturus, an ancestor of today's pygmy hippos.
I had never been to a limestone cave before, it was magical! I love dark, mysterious places like that! The cave was only partly illuminated, so that the impressive play of light and shadow between the stalactites and stalacmites was visible.

 
// dress: c&a // denim shirt: h&m //

Yes, guilty of some shameless selfie action!
I finally got new hair cut and colour before our trip and I was SO happy about it! After the hair appointment I felt human again and fresh and pretty. I'll post some more pics of the whole thing soon so you can see the lovely ombre effect I'm wearing now. 
Funny little anecdote: I probably looked like too much of a city girl with my floral print, denim and dyed hair so the people in the countryside gave me weird looks. I get it though because, despite having lived in the city for 8 years, I still grew up in the countryside and remain a country girl at heart, I know the poeple's mentality there. One lovely lady who worked at the cave's entrance, however, made me a compliment about my hair colour. She was really cute and helpful and gace us some good advice about visiting other caves nearby.

I'm planning to go on more weekend or day trips to  places near Perth, so if anyone of you has some nice suggestions please post them in the comments.

Good night loves!
Share this article :

6 comments:

  1. Looks SO fun and magical! I live in California and have visited several caves in the Sierra Nevada mountains, it's always as if you've entered a whole new world in the caves. So cool. Love your dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure, we like Perth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cave is a beauty! You took some great photos of it. I like your selfies too.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is such a cool cave!
    Awesome dress by the way :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a breathtaking place to visit! The pictures are amazing! Love your new hair cut and color too! I get my hair cut in a couple weeks and I can't wait!

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger