Wednesday 17 December 2014

what to wear for christmas

Hello lovelies!

How are you? Can you believe Christmas is only  one more week away? Time flies!
So how about some last minute Christmas outfit inspiration anyone?

Choosing an outfit always depends on your plans of course but let's be honest: no matter where you celebrate, it won't hurt to wear a pretty dress right? Be it a fine dining restaurant, your grandma's living room, a public party, church etc. - wherever you go a chic dress can't be the wrong choice. Okay except for maybe voluntary work in the soup kitchen, fine! That goes without saying though, doesn't it?

My plans for Christmas are still a bit vague but I will, of course, spend it with Jarryd and his family because I'm sooo far away from my family and friends in Germany this year. I don't want to spoiler too much, but I will definitely wear two beautiful new dresses I bought in the sale some weeks ago.

To inspire you a bit I have looked through an online shop called PickeDresses which offers a wide range of the most stunning Prom Dresses. They ship internationally within approximately 4-8 working days so there is still time to order if you find the perfect frock girls.
As mentioned before I already have my dresses together for Christmas but I still took the opportunity to pick my two favourite prom dresses from their website to show you how I would style them. These two below are my picks and to make it more interesting I went for a short and a long dress.



I picked the yellow one because this colour would look amazing with my copper/blonde hair. Also the cut is very flattering for my body shape and will conceal a little gut after all the good Christmas food.
I am not a fan of rhinestones and sequins, so the subtle beads on the waist are a perfect little detail that's not too much kitsch.
The maxi dress caught my eye because of this unique shade of midnight blue, which is also a good colour choice for redheads like me. The cut and fit with the sexy bodice and the flowing skirt don't need much further ado to make you look elegant.


Golden Christmas


As I would like the dresses to look extra festive for Christmas I would go for golden accessories head to toes. I know I said I'm not a fan of rhinestones and sequins but I have to admit that a little dose of glitter glams up every look.

What do you think? Like the dresses?

Happy Wednesday!



Share this article :

15 comments:

  1. That first dress is super pretty! Loving all the accessories too, gold is always festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Grecian wee number best, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die Kleider sehen wunderschön aus. Vor allem das gelbe. Hab mir den Shop angesehen. Da sind schon sehr schöne Stücke mit dabei. Ich denke ich bleibe dieses Jahr im meinem Pyjama. Ich bin leider immer noch nicht gesund. Ich war noch nie in einem Lindex Shop. Die haben aber einen online Shop. Ich kaufe fast alles online. Falls man sich nicht mehr hört, wünsche ich die ein frohes Weihnachtsfest!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just ordered some new dresses from ASOS for Christmas - I hope they get here in time!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely see you wearing both of those dresses, which are very beautiful. I definitely love your picks for holiday accessories, and gold is such a nice and festive color. I think my favorite picks have to be the gold clutch/purse and the leaf-shaped bracelet.

    -Helen

    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't believe it's almost christmas either! and i love both of those dresses, beautiful! i'm spending christmas on my own and can't really justify buying new dresses, but will still be donning on my prettiest ones. would be weird not to dress up for christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the yellow one myself, although I'm notsure that yellow sits wellwith my pale skintine, I like thecolour of the blueone, so maybe that one but in the style of the yellow dress haha!
    I'm not keen on gold accessories, so would change them up for silver, in fact I have a bracelet v similar to the leaf one!!

    Hope you have a da ploys Christmas Carina!!
    Love Sal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh very cute dresses.
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bei uns ist Weihnachten ziemlich leger. Noch dazu sind wir auch einige Zeit draußen, daher komme ich gar nie in die Verlegenheit ein Kleid anzuziehen. ;) Schade drum. Manchmal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ich finde beide Kleidchen ganz bezaubernd! Das erste hat einfach einen total süße Schnitt ... und man kann es auch prima als Sommerkleidchen tragen. Das zweite finde ich vom Dekoltée her total interessant geschnitten. :)

    GLG & schöne Feiertage! :)
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that yellow dress! The colour, the fabric, its drape, and the way it's gathered are all beautiful!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post dear,love love those dresses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress picks are gorgeous! I am a huge fan of that shade of blue, I think it's beautiful. I also approve of the gold accessories - gold nails are so festive! xx

    www.jessthetics.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger