Wednesday 31 December 2014

my first christmas abroad


Hello loves!

I'm a bit late but here is my Christmas outfit! Hey, at least it's still December.
It would have been embarrassing only if I hadn't managed to post it before New Year's Eve, so it's still okay.
This year it was my first Christmas away from my family and friends and instead the first Christmas with my boyfriend's family - so many first times, wow! Let's just make it short and sweet: it was something special so I wanted a special outfit.
I had bought this lovely dress shortly after my arrival in Perth on my first shopping spree in the city and I already knew that I would have to wear it for Christmas. I mean golden stars, red belt, green cardi, come on! It couldn't be more perfect!
It turned out to be the right choice because we had 35°C on Christmas Day and I was happy to wear something light and breezy.


cardigan: thrifted
dress: dotti
belt: thrifted
shoes: h+m


 We spent Christmas Day with Jarryd's family at his sister's place so we could watch his little 1,5 year old nephew unwrap the presents. Such a little cutie!
He is still a bit too young to understand the whole concept of Christmas presents but he had lots of fun tearing the wrapping paper apart and trying out all his cool new toy cars and trucks. We also had a lovely brunch together and then just hung out for a while.
Later that day Jarryd and I grabbed a coffee at the 24/7 McDonald's (because we are so classy) and went to the South Perth Foreshore. It was hot but with a little breeze by the water and the Perth skyline showed itself in all its beauty as usual.




We took a little walk around too and watched the cute birdies but they were too shy to let us come really close. Well, I managed to get these two snapshots at least.



That was my Christmas 2014 - very different from all past Christmas Days in my life. I still had a lovely time though and it was really interesting to see how Australians celebrate, what they eat, what they do etc.

I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas too.
Have fun tomorrow celebrating New Year's Eve!

Share this article :

13 comments:

  1. Aww you two look cute, and what a nice and fun dress. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely dress, and it's perfect for a sunny day. I'm glad to hear you and Jarryd had a wonderful Christmas. You two make a beautiful couple. Best of luck in the New Year!

    -Helen

    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you had a lovely Christmas! You look beautiful in this outfit! That dress is gorgeous and looks perfect on your figure! The green cardi is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!! you look stunning in that dress, dear!!!!

    happy new year!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, was für ein suuuuper Kleid!! Damit könntest du auch glatt heiraten! :-)
    Ihr seid ein echt hübsches Paar!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, great post!
    Kiss from Poland and Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful dress! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas :) Have a great new year, can't wait to hear more about your Aussie adventures- the Perth skyline looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah your dress is so lovely! The weather looks amazing too, I am definitely missing the sun at the moment. Hope you have a fab New Year! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas dress looks beautiful! It must feel very different celebrating Christmas "down under" in Perth, Australia due to Christmas occurring during Summer there? Your cardigan is a lovely and Christmassy shade of green and your gorgeous snow white Dotti dress with its gold snowflake print is also very Christmassy. The waterfront locale and your photos are fabulous. I hope you have a very happy year 2015!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute Christmas outfit for a sunny warm day! I love the combination of the green cardigan and red belt. This dress looks amazing on you too. It sounds like you had a really nice holiday in a totally new place!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL happy late Christmas! That dress is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful dress - perfect for a summer time Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger