Saturday 15 October 2011

a condition of the heart



Hi guys!

Today was one of these wonderfully crisp and sunny autumn days that I love so much. Unfortunately I couldn't really enjoy it because I had to work from 9 to 5, but I also enjoy the cold evenings and rejoice in being at home in my pyjamas with a cup of tea and a piece of oreo-flavoured chocolate while it's pitch dark and cold outside. Autumn - oh you season of candles, hot drinks and coziness :)




♥ coat + scarf: h&m ♥ shirt: pimkie ♥ cardi: ebay ♥ skirt: c&a ♥ shoes: goertz ♥



What I like best about these aformentioned cold, clear and sunny days is that you can still wear rather summery shoes because there's no need to worry about wet feet! A pair of 100 DEN tights keeps my legs and feet warm enough in the simple leather brogues which again is good because in the summer they turned out to be my favourite shoes for wearing a skirt.
Speaking of skirts: see that I wore my new corduroy skirt again? I love how versatile it is, especially with all kinds of earthy colours.
By the way I wore this yesterday for two philosophy classes and went on a trip to Remscheid afterwards where I visted my Dad in the hospital. He had a slipped disc but the surgery went well and he was in good health according to the circumstances.




♥ necklace: birthday gift and souvenir from China ♥




When I returned from the hospital visit I got off at our district's railway station and discovered what I had never noticed before (or maybe it wasn't there before?): there was a quote sprayed on the backside of one of the ticket machines. It made me smile because I knew where it is from :)




The "Kingdom of Heaven" is a condition of the heart- not something that comes "upon the earth" or "after death."
(Friedrich Nietzsche)


Have a lovely weekend everyone!






now playing: nine inch nails - wish
Share this article :

14 comments:

  1. I love the colors..perfect for this season! Love autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are all seriously SO perfect together, love that skirt!! The bright red cardigan has such cute sleeves :)
    My dads had surgery for a slipped disc 3 times! So shitty, I hope your dad feels better soon
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all the fall colors in this beautiful outfit.
    you layered so well..i can not wait for it to get a little cooler so i can start layering again. :)
    have a wonderful weekend love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skirt and coat

    xx
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo, that necklace! And i love the rich colors in this look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blouse so much, I've always wanted to find something with star print! This outfit has such nice autumny shades, and it looks so cosy with the big scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ich wünchte an mir würden die röcke nur halb so gut aussehen wie an dir. dein outfit ist ein volltreffer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI ...BEAUTY!!!! I LOVE THIS POST....YOU LOOK SO GORGEUS!!!....AND YOUR BLOG IS REALLY CUTE....!!!:)

    FOLLOW EACH OTHER?!? ;)
    I'LL WAIT YOUR ANSWER ON MY BLOG:


    http://dreamsonthestage4.blogspot.com/

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect outfit and i love the colors!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg you look so stunning, Carina! I love your skirt so much and it does seem to be very versitile!
    xx
    lyndsey of hellolyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey tolles outfit! das rock ist so schön! alles passt perfekt zusammen! :) dein blog gefällt mir, bin froh das ich es gefunden hab

    xo
    A_Riot

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this! there is something about the combination of a warm brown skirt in courduroy or suede that just works so well with navy and white! pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey ...
    Vor einiger Zeit habe ich bei der Blogger Box - Aktion mitgemacht und dir eine Box geschickt.
    Da du hier nichts darüber gepostet hast, wollte ich einfach selbst fragen, ob dir die Box denn wenigstens ein bisschen gefallen hat.
    LG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger