Tuesday 26 July 2011

budapest day 2



Hi guys!

Today was my first dy at the Hunagrian office of the company I work for. I was quite excited because I didn't know what to expect and how the team would welcome me and if they would like me at all or if I would like them or not. Fortunately they are all supernice colleagues! The country manager gather everybody in the lobby and introduced me and one of the project managers even draw a map of the office featuring all the names and the info about who is in which room, so nice of her!
Then I got to know the four new student research assistants and after the first day I can say they are the cutest colleagues ever (no offense my German colleagues!). They were so interested and open-minded from the first second and they asked me a lot and also told me some basic stuff about Hungary and Budapest. Two of them even passed a test that allows them to be an official tourist guide and when we had lunch together one of them offered me to take the time to show me around the city on Wednesday. Awesome, isn't it?



The other girl said that she had the evening off today and if I'd like to go shopping and have supper with her, so I gratefully accepted her offer. I think we really are on good terms with each other because when we went downtown together it was like hanging around with a close acquaintance. We talked about work, our studies (she's a medical student), fashion, TV shows, holiday plans and all and we had delicious Asian food for supper. I love to have locals that can give you good advice concerning restaurants so I won't fall into the tourist trap of the overpriced cafés and bistros here.
Tomorrow I plan to visit a castle that's located in the hills on the other side of the Danube river, hopefully the weather will be good.



By the way I didn't have time or the possibility to take many photos today because I was at the office from 9 to 5. The pictures above were taken last night on the balcony, I played around with the shutter speed and the city lights a little bit.

Have a lovely day! :)
Share this article :

2 comments:

  1. Your top photo is awesome! Glad to hear everyone is so friendly, and I hope you have fun tomorrow. Remember to take pics lol ;) I know how it is to have locals show you around, and it's by far the best way to see a country (also ;) hehe...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah ich liebe diese art von bildern :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger