Tuesday 30 November 2010

couscous salad recipe



Hi guys!

When I mentioned the couscous salad the other day I was asked to post the recipe, so here it is. I made this salad for the first time and it turned out as really delicious!

The recipe in German can be found at chefkoch.de, click here to see it.



You need (for 6 portions):

500 grams (instant) couscous
1 red bell pepper
2 beef tomatoes (or a few small ones instead)
200 grams ewe's milk cheese
2 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of balsamico
olive oil
1 lemon
parsley
caraway
cumin
salt and pepper
coriander
water
pignolias or almonds




1. Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the box.
Whisk 100 mls olive oil with lemon juice and salt and mix it with the couscous.
You might have to add a little more oil and lemon juice if the couscous is still too dry after a few minutes.



2. Press the garlic and fold it in.



3. Grate one lemon paring (I left this out) and add this and the spices to taste.
Most important are parsley, caraway, coriander and cumin!



4. Dice the tomatoes and bell pepper and put them into the bowl.



5. Chop the onion and fry it until it's transparent. Add the balsamico and simmer it until the onion pieces have absorbed it. Put everything into the bowl with the couscous.



6. The couscous absorbes lots of flavour, so you might have to correct the seasoning now (especially with the four most important spices).



7. Crumble the ewe's milk cheese on the salad.
If you like you can also add the pignolias or almonds now.



8. Finished! Bon appétit!



It was really easy, even for a cooking noob like me.
I let my colleagues at work try it today and they liked it very much.
It's spicy and tastes completely different than a normal mixed salad.

If you try it please let me know how it was :)
Have a nice day!
Share this article :

13 comments:

  1. oh my god, I need to eat this like right now.
    I adore couscous and this looks and sounds absolutely yummy. I've never had ewe's milk cheese though! That's be an experience.
    You're pretty good at this cooking stuff huh? ahaha. I'm a disaster. Maybe you could just make my food for me and I'd pay you in cookies. hahaha
    have a lovely day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... yummy!!!
    it seems to be so good! :Q
    http://cafe-boucle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    YUM!!!!!

    xx
    lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...I really could eat the whole bowl. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ deanna: Aw you're so cute, that would be a good deak cause I love cookies :D Ehm I used to be a disaster in cooking either, but when I moved together with my boyfriend I started trying out some stuff so we wouldn't have to eat deep-frozen meals for the rest of our lives, slowly but steady I'm getting better, you just have to try ;)

    Thanks for your comments guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mm that looks so good, I love couscous! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danke!! :D Hat es bei dir eig. auch schon geschneit?
    Ich liebe couscous und das Rezept hört sich echt gut an.

    ReplyDelete
  8. habs nachgemacht ;) echt super rezept :)

    küsschen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danke! Werd ich bald ausprobieren :)

    ReplyDelete

  10. Nice making details and also nice recipe as well.Great share.Couscous recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger