Tuesday 23 November 2010

banana bread - my first attempt


(photo from rebeccagoings)

Hi guys!

I've been planning to try out some baking recipes for beginners because I'd love to be able to create yummy cakes and cookies and other treats for parties. We're invited to a New Year's Eve party and I'd like to bring something delicious, so I clicked through lots and lots of online recipe collections and picked out some easy stuff to practice (this is the very first time I baked without a cake mix, how embarassing ^^).
I found the recipe here (in German), but I thought it would be nice to translate it for my international readers ;)



banana bread (southafrican version)

275 grams flour
10 mls baking powder
1 mls baking soda
1 mls salt
175 grams butter
200 grams sugar
2 eggs
125 mls milk
2 mls vanilla sugar
3-4 bananas (approx. 250 mls)


Here we go



1. Mix the butter and sugar and beat until it's creamy.




2. Mix in vanilla sugar and the eggs.




3. Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and the milk.




4. Crush the bananas with a fork and mix them in.



5. When the dough is creamy put it into a greased cake pan (or leave out the grease and use baking paper instead).



6. Put it into the oven at 180 degrees for about 60 minutes.



Et voilà...


...the banana bread!
Okay I admit it's a bit dark on the upper side, but I told you I'm a noob to baking ;)
It may not look nice but it is so yummyyyyy! And it was really easy too.



Have a great day!
Share this article :

9 comments:

  1. Yummie looks delishous!!
    Great blog by the way! glad i ran into it!love reading your posts!
    im your newest follower! Hope you visit me back and follow!
    so we can stay in touch!

    love
    fashionfabrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gives me hungry!!!! i like yr jacket in the last post! come at my blog
    www.intuitioncouture.blogspot.com
    www.intuitioncouture.blogspot.com
    www.intuitioncouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this actually looks really yummy. I really want to try this!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh lovely! I made my first bannana bread a few weeks ago and now it's on demand every week ;P
    I can totally understand what you mean about wanting to have a few recipes for sweet things under your belt, I have the same desire because I want to be able to make sweet things for my family when I'm older :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh! it looks great! i always wanted to try baking, but i'm so clumsy in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg i would have burnt the kitchen to the ground. i suck at cooking SO BAD haha!! great job and i'm so glad you did great! :D

    xx
    lyndsey of hellolyndseyyy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awhhh.. Thanks for translating it and make it look all easy! I'm really wishing to be a good bake, since I love cakes so much but have been failing terribly for many attempts. My only success was making a strawberry parfait (on my third attempt) lol will definitely try this out!

    Have a cheery day! (:

    Sanny's Head to Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ach Dankeschön, freut mich aber sehr, dass dir mein Blog gefällt. :)
    Und wenn ich dich etwas zum Backen inspirieren konnte, freut mich das umso mehr! :)
    Ich finde er sieht sehr sehr lecker aus und das Rezept ist echt schön. Hätte ich jetzt auch gerne. :/ :D
    Danke, dass du meine Leserin bist.
    Ich ordne mich jetzt auch zu deinen Lesern und erfreue mich daran, die 155. zu sein. (Wow, echt viele! :))
    Liebste Grüße,

    xx, Jana von petit fournil de paris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delecious!
    nice blog

    xx

    http://makeupyouremind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate every single one! <3

 

bad taste toast Copyright © 2013 Minima Template
Designed by BTDesigner Published..Blogger Templates · Powered by Blogger